Friday, January 16, 2009

Sick little baby girl


... And all she wanted was her big brother. So cute. Abbie has never been sick before, but she showed her vulnerability last night. Her temperature escalated to 103 and after (finally) keeping the tylenol in her system, she was splashing in the tub and jumping on the couch. Who knows what today holds for us? Today is our 5 year anniversary. The kids have been off of school for 3 days for bad weather and I am a wreck. Mostly because the parents of the kids I watch weren't threatened in the least by Abbie's illness. They knew their kids had already been exposed and since Mike is home, I couldn't really claim that I am incapable of caring for their children, but they ignored the risk. Please forgive my cynicism. I am running on low sleep and these three days are EXACTLY why I got out of full time day care. My prayers (and yours) were answered yesterday when I explained to my day care parents that I needed the afternoon off to go work at the Office so please pray for MERCY for me today. At this point I don't want to go away with my husband tomorrow night, I don't feel like looking pretty or eating at a nice restaurant or skiing with my oldest on Monday. Please pray for God's best regarding those decisions. Thank you! Carrie

1 comment:

megs @ whadusay said...

Saying a prayer right now!

Hang in there!