Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Welcome Back

He said I have $95.00 to spend on groceries this week. I thought,"that's impossible, but I'll try" ( we usually spend 120-130 for the five of us). Grandpa called and said, "I'll watch the kids if you need to run errands today." So I went to Aldi first. I haven't been there since about this time last year when Abbie was a newborn and we knew our situation was going to be tight. To be honest, I wasn't thrilled about going. Rather than being thankful for what I do have I felt a grumply cloud surround me a I hunted for a quarter to "rent" a grocery cart. Things changed as soon as I walked in. I saw a mom that I am familiar with at the cash register and many great deals on my grocery list. It became a wonderful shopping experience and the following are three reasons why:
1.) Unbeatable prices on necessary "staples"
2.) Items that my husband and children would dislike simply because they don't look the same as they do when I purchase them from Wal-Mart can be purchased from Wal-Mart at Aldi's low price by informing the cashier at Wal-Mart that it is cheaper at Aldi.
3.) Once I am done at Aldi, I usually scratch the items off my list and cruise through Wal-Mart in half the time.
4.) They require you to pay with cash or debit so you couldn't loan money from a credit card even if you wanted to.
5.) They charge you for grocery bags so they encourage you to be green.

It felt good to be back. Feel free to comment on anything you particularly appreciate about Aldi!

2 comments:

Janie S. said...

I might have to try...
Thanks for the tips!
Merry Christmas!!

Janie S. said...

I might have to try...
Thanks for the tips!
Merry Christmas!!