And I quote Alexander... That's what he said to Daddy on the phone today as well as Grandma Dot. He is really a social butterfly and LOVES to talk on the phone. Which is a good thing because I don't. Well I like to talk to my Grandma Dot of course and maybe my mom but that is it (really-that is why I have started blogging).
Our weekend was busy by our choices and left us wiped out on Sunday. We SERIOUSLY have to figure out a new way to do life on the weekends because Sunday night we are always saying, "I'm ready for the weekend to start." After a night out with the girls and a great time at a cancer benefit, we dragged ourselves to church and came home inspired by our pastor's challenge. He said "I am going to challenge you to read your Bibles. " Ok, well I try sometimes more than others, but Mike and I realized that a lot of the reason we complain so much and focus on the negative is because we aren't plugged to our source. The bible isn't boring (ok, some of it is but most of it isn't). It's really good stuff and we forget that. So, together, Mike and I read Psalm 1. And I must say, I started off with an attitude this morning that said "Hab a good day" rather than "The weather is gray and cloudy and it sucks." I mean what kind of message does that send to my kids... On cloudy days we don't live, we just wine and complain?
No comments:
Post a Comment