Thursday, November 13, 2008

Oh Happy Day

Today is Thursday and that is our MOPS (Mother of Pre-SchoolerS) day. Soooo after shipping off 4 kids to school, we head to E Free to play and get some R & R for ME. The coffee and breakfast are always a thrill and today's speaker was as well. Jane Smolen talked about the influence of all types of music on our sole and I must say it was inspiring. I am now listening to NPR (89.10) as visions of sugar plums are dancing in the babies' heads. Jane says that we can gently frame out our day with backround music. She says that by shifting different genres of music we can smooth out transitions between activities and tasks. I decided to try it on the way home from MOPS. I found some jazz and began snapping my fingers. Soon after Abbie was clapping in the back seat. SO CUTE. When we got home Alexander said he wanted "more busik" mommy. You see it is not that I don't value music or dance to it when I am burned out on TV (because believe me, I do). But using it a tool to "mommy" or arrange our day is a new concept for me. If you know me, you know I will try anything.
Here's the recap of the last two days... Tuesday's trip to Chuck E. Cheese with 7 kids went surprisingly well. I entertained 7 kids with $15.00 for 2 hours!!! Here's how: First, one of the kids brought online coupons which earned us 120 tokens for $15.00. Then I brought my high school neighbor along to help with Abbie and Alexander. Also we went at 9:00 am and nearly had the place all to ourselves. The older kids' favorite part was when they looked under machines and found additional tokens. I insisted on showers later in the day to take care of germs and super bugs.
Yesterday was a bummer of a day and the grey clouds really got me down. Thankfully I had Parenting group at night to look forward to. My highlight of yesterday began with the determination to get Alexander off of diapers. For some reason, I named yesterday as the day for him to poop on the potty. I fed him lots of applesauce and set him on the pot for half hour. No poop. I let him get down and run around bare butt. Back on the potty, he peed on the carpet but no poop. Now its time for bed and he insists on a clean diaper. so clean diaper and all he hops into bed and 20 minutes later the room reaks... He pooped. Guess I will have to let him pick next time!!!

1 comment:

Janie S. said...

Hey!! You blogged about me and I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW!!! Ha! Thanks, Carrie, make room on your counter for some bad kitch... I can't wait! LOL J