Thursday, November 20, 2008

Smile Dammit!!!!









When I was younger, a beloved family member was trying to take a picture on Thanksgiving day of our family. Unfortunately my little brother was not diggin' it and was not performing well. The parental figure was extremely frustrated and began yelling "Smile Dammit!" Which (of course) caused him to start crying AND has become a favorite family verse. I wish I had a copy of that picture...




Anyway, now that it is my turn to try to transform my 3 uncivilized children into a post-card perfect picture, I feel my parents' pain. We frantically dressed up the kids and dragged them to the Festival of Trees under the promise of hundreds of photo opportunities. We expected that it would be difficult but not a total disaster. As you can see from the out takes, we needed a whole lot more than Mike and I to make it happen. At one point, Mike even handed the train ride operator 3 bones just to let my kids sit in the train for the picture. Isaac was too big to actually ride the train and Abbie too little. So basically we paid the guy 3 dollars to let Alexander go for a spin and the picture did NOT turn out well. That's ok, he can probably head to Trader Joe's on his way back to Joliet and pick up a bottle of 3 Buck Chuck. Hey, we support the cause!




In the end, it took a very scary clown and some type of sugar plum fairy running by to get all three kids looking at the camera and smiling. Mike and I never once said "Smile Dammit!" but the night's not over yet! If you recieve a Christmas card from us this year please know that YOU were worth it and SMILE DAMMIT!!!

1 comment:

dan said...

I think I have acopy of said picture but I need someone to photoshop out my hair before i gets leaked to the press.